Monday, February 18, 2008

Survey results !

So the survey results are back !

And it is a result.

I nearly panicked when I saw the dreaded "Osmosis" word but it actually seems quite minor. The heater still seems to be troublesome but probably only needs a good service. I have to replace the gas hoses and may need to pay a Corgi registered engineer just to shove a couple of tubes on which will be annoying. But overall I am glad there are no horrible surprises.

Martin Evans, the surveyor has done an excellent and astonishingly thorough job. It was worth the wait.

Most people seem to agree with me that these issues are fairly minor.

Other than that I have been looking around for useful reference material so when we get the boat, we have as many of the manuals & advice as possible.

Here are some of the useful sites I have found

Diesel Engine Manuals - mine is a Yanmar 3GM30F (click on the English flag for a non dutch version!)

Diesel Engine Forum

Diesel Engine Maintenance

Old Eberspacher Manuals - mine is a D3L

Autohelm Manuals - mine is Nautech 4000

Stowe Navsounder

Garmin 120

Added to this I have been looking through the ybw forums to find some useful threads

General Maintenance
Heads
Engine Oils for old diesels
Eberspacher Servicing
Dinghy davits - we will want to install some system once we get the boat